Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fundraising!

We had a very productive fall season as far as fundraising goes! The bracelet sales were brisk with young Luke Hanneken spearheading an effort to sell about 50 bracelets at Holland High School! Gareth Collins, a member of the extended family in Chicago took up the gauntlet, selling bracelets for $20 a piece - raising $200 in 2 days! Inspired, he went on to organize a football square fundraiser for the Lions Thanksgiving Day game. He raised $1400 nearly singlehandedly! This kind of support has really eased a load off of Matt's shoulders, giving him some freedom to focus on what's important - his son!

1 comment:

Michael Hunter said...

My name is Michael Hunter. I do not know if I know specifically who you are Matt. Please forgive me, I think I know who you are but it has been more than a decade. But I do know many Gibson's in the greater Holland area. I thought I would write since I saw your posting in the paper(sentinel) today. Actually I just saw it here now at 1131. I have been reading a lot about something called methyl jasmonate. A few scientists in Israel discovered it not so long ago(and will more than likely win the Nobel Prize here in a few years for it). Sorry for my grammar here I am just in a rush. It kills cancer stem cells and does not harm normal ones. For times sake I will offer you this link below. It is to a website called Grouppe Kurosawa. The doctors name is Stephen Martin and he is quite accessible via the net. He can guide you through the process but the results are pretty outstanding. So I think you should look into this. Once again here is the link:

http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/2008/12/methyl-jasmonate-is-effective-in-body_26